Wednesday, December 11, 2024

Inquiry Project Reflection




This project and the resulting presentation were incredibly rewarding. I gained valuable insights into creating more inclusive and engaging classrooms for neurodiverse learners, particularly those with ADHD. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this inquiry was spending time with the students at Britannia Secondary, which offered a firsthand look into the lived experiences of ADHD learners. I am deeply grateful for this opportunity.


Initially, I intended to focus broadly on neurodiversity, but the project naturally evolved to center on ADHD and the concept of flow. This shift allowed me to explore, in-depth, how ADHD learners navigate boredom and disengagement, particularly in math classes. As I mentioned in my presentation, the sense of boredom in these classrooms is both palpable and disheartening.


Looking ahead to the Inquiry 2 project, I am considering two potential directions: delving into how technology, particularly AI, can create personalized instruction and engagement or exploring how outdoor environments can be leveraged to foster flow-friendly spaces for ADHD learners. Both areas offer exciting opportunities to enhance equity and engagement for neurodiverse students.


This project reaffirmed my belief that “every student deserves a classroom where they feel valued and capable of success.” As I move into Inquiry 2, I am excited to investigate further ways to create equitable and engaging spaces where ADHD learners can thrive. I look forward to deepening my understanding of the intersection of ADHD, equity, and math education.

Project Presentation:

Slide Deck

1 comment:

  1. Amazing film experience you have created to give us the experience of distracted attention!! Thanks for a great Inquiry 1 project and reflections.

    ReplyDelete

450 Final Entry - Reflection Through Inquiry

One of the most important lessons I’ve taken from this course is the power of inquiry to uncover deeper connections, not only to the institu...